Getting around Grand Theft Auto 5 can be a challenge, what with the world of Los Santos and Blaine County being so vast. Fortunately, there are plenty of great GTA 5 cheats and secrets worth using for this video game. These will make the game more fun than a night on the town with Princess Robot Bubblegum.
How to Enter In Cheats
Whether you need more health and ammo before taking on that Gruppe Sechs truck or you want to get a new Trashmaster, Comet, Buzzard or BMX vehicle, it is easy to get cheats entered into GTA 5:
- You can enter in a series of buttons and movements on a PS3 or PS4 controller at any point in the game. You must not pause the game when doing this. For instance, by using the Square, L2, R1, Triangle, Left, Square, L2, Right and X combination, you can get your aim to slow down, thus making it easier for you to target others with a weapon.
- You can also enter in the right buttons on an Xbox One or Xbox 360 controller. By using the combination RT, Right, LT, Left, Left, RB, LB, B and Right, you can get a limo spawned where you are.
- You’ll have to type in cheats for the PC version on your keyboard while in console mode. By entering in ~incendiary, you can get flaming bullets.
Get Easy Money
You can get infinite money by getting two characters in your control. Go to the area around the sunken airplane on the northwest coast near Paleto Bay. Have one character grab the hidden package in the sunken plane and then switch to the other character and then immediately switch back. The cash package will spawn again. You can repeat this as many times as you want to get more money.
If it’s early in the game, you can rob an armored Gruppe Sechs truck. Look for a blip on your map, shoot out the drivers and then shoot the doors in the back around the handles to open it. This can give you thousands of quick dollars.
Repair Your Car
You can repair a vehicle for free by switching to another character while your current vehicle is damaged. You must switch back to your old character right away to restore your car’s health. You can also use this to restore a character’s health.
Upgrade Weapons For Free
You can get free weapon upgrades by going to an Ammunation store during a mission and buying upgrades. You can then kill your character after this and restart the mission; you will get your money back and the weapon upgrades will still be good.
Lose Your Wanted Level
You can lose your wanted level quickly by doing one of the following:
- You can get into a Mod Shop and hide as long as no cop sees you pull in.
- You can also switch vehicles to get cops off your tail.
- It’s also easy to lose them by driving on train tracks as cops will not follow you on them. Watch for oncoming trains though.
What About the Lazer?
The final cheat to use is to steal the P-996 Lazer jet at the military base. To do this, use Franklin in a fast car and drive through the front, triggering the driving ability to make a quick right and then a left to the runway. You can use this to get the jet before the alarm goes off. You can then fly away quickly.